Join Stephen Wise Free Synagogue for the Holidays!
Are you searching for a community where you matter? Where your family will be included in synagogue life; where your children will grow up loving Jewish traditions; where you can grow and make the world a better place? There is a place for you in our community!
Apply Now And Take A Virtual Tour!
Our Early Childhood Center provides children ages 18 months through five years with a nurturing, welcoming, and stimulating environment. Based on the Reggio Emilia approach to education, our philosophy values children as rich with wonder and knowledge — and we infuse our classroom experiences with Jewish values and traditions.
Looking for an enriching Jewish education? Stephen Wise Free Synagogue’s Religious School is the perfect place for you to deepen your child’s Jewish identity and Hebrew knowledge, engage with core Jewish values and traditions, and become part of a caring synagogue community.
Searching for a Jewish home? Look no further! Stephen Wise Free Synagogue is excited to welcome you as a member of our warm, caring community.
Stephen Wise Free Synagogue is a vibrant and inclusive Reform synagogue that has served as a catalyst for progressive Jewish thought, committed social action in the local community and beyond, and support for Israel for more than 110 years. We pride ourselves on the community we create and our spiritual, musical prayer services.
Our clergy and educators will meet you where you are — whether that means connecting over the phone, providing online classes or in-home tutors, or even arranging livestreaming b’nai mitzvah services. And if you or your family are facing special circumstances or challenges, our clergy and administrators are available to connect privately and discuss religious, spiritual, educational, emotional or financial concerns. Through good times and bad, Stephen Wise Free Synagogue will be your Jewish home.
Any adult Jewish person (recognized as a Jew by the teachings and tenets of the Reform Movement), the spouse or partner of a Jewish person, or the family of a Jewish person may be elected as a member of the synagogue by the board of trustees.
We invite you to join us and take part in our warm and inclusive community!
Membership at Stephen Wise Free Synagogue affords you the opportunity to:
- receive the support of our clergy
- attend High Holy Days services in our sanctuary at no extra charge
- enroll your children in our Early Childhood Center, Religious School, and b’nai mitzvah programs
- hold lifecycle events such as a bris, baby naming, wedding, or funeral in our sanctuary
- travel with our community and clergy to Israel and Jewish communities around the world
- serve on a committee and help guide or implement the synagogue’s vision
- have a bar/bat mitzvah as an adult
- receive member pricing for community-wide events
- secure a cemetery plot at Westchester Hills Cemetery with a member discount
- receive our community publications in the mail