Humanitarian Mission to Poland + Ukrainian Border
SUNDAY, APRIL 24–THURSDAY, APRIL 28
Estimated Cost: $2,950*
For weeks, we have watched the Russian military mauling millions of innocent civilians in an unprovoked, unjustified and savage invasion. Stephen Wise Free Synagogue is tired of watching.
This April 24, join Stephen Wise Free Synagogue’s Rabbi Ammiel Hirsch and our president Steven Silverstein on a humanitarian mission to Poland and the Ukrainian border. Along with critical supplies and funds, we will bring our warmth, compassion and humanity to Ukrainians who have lost everything.
We will be comforting mothers and children, supporting humanitarian aid workers, visiting field hospitals, meeting Israeli emissaries working to resettle Ukrainian Jews in Israel and we will also meet, and learn from, diplomats, journalists and analysts.
For those who cannot join us on this short notice, we ask the entire congregation to donate the below supplies for us to take on our mission.
Stephen Wise Free Synagogue is accepting donations of the following items from 9 a.m.–5 p.m. on Monday–Wednesday, April 11–13, and on Monday, April 18. Donations will not be accepted after April 18.
- Pain management/anti-inflammatory medicine: Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Tylenol, etc. (pills or tablets only in sealed containers/blister packages)
- Stomach pain and anti-diarrheal medicine (pills or tablets only in sealed containers/blister packages)
- Vitamins C and D for children (pills or tablets only in sealed containers/blister packages)
- Probiotics (pills or tablets only in sealed containers/blister packages)
- Band-Aids (in sealed packages)
- Menstrual pads and tampons (in sealed packages only)
- Combs (in sealed packages only)
- Disposable razors (in sealed packages only)
- Easy baby oatmeal (in sealed packages only)
- Baby formula (powdered only)
All donations must be new and in sealed packages! Medicines should be in pill or tablet form only. We are trying to be as efficient as possible with space and weight.
*does not include airfare; each traveler will be responsible for their own travel arrangements